Deadline Extended to January 26, 2018:
On March 27-28, the CRDM will hold its annual symposium with this year’s theme being: Hybrid Play. The symposium is organized by Dr. Adriana de Souza e Silva, and the associate organizer is Dr. Nick Taylor.
As a part of this year’s symposium, select students will have the opportunity to work with one of our invited speakers to receive feedback on a work-in-progress. Speakers and their areas of interest include:
- Shira Chess: mobile gaming, casual gaming, gender and play, feminist game studies, queerness and gaming
- Kishonna Gray: intersectional feminism, online gaming, citational politics, games and race, gender and identity, critical race theory
- Larissa Hjorth: digital ethnography, gender and mobile media, sociocultural studies and mobile media, mobile art
- Christian Licoppe: mobilities, locative media, geolocation and mobile media, ethnography and communication studies
- Nick Tandavanitj: mobile art, locative art, mobile gaming, maker culture
If you would like the opportunity to work with one of these invited speakers, please contact Ragan Glover at firstname.lastname@example.org. In this email, please indicate which invited speaker(s) you are most interested in working with along with a brief abstract of the work you would like to discuss with the invited speaker.