Are you interested in the following questions?
- How do institutions, organizations, professionals, and ordinary citizens communicate across cultures about risks, health, and science technologies?
- How do information technologies transform such communication practices?
- What are the latest trends and best practices of global professional, business, and technical communication?
- How to design and conduct research on IPTC?
If so, ENG 798 may be the class for you!
- Comparative and contrastive rhetoric
- World Englishes & L2 Writing
- Simplified/controlled English
- Globalization and its impacts
- World risk society and risk communication
- Internationalization and location
- Virtual teams, translation
- Web accessibility and compliance issues
- Cross-cultural design and global UX
- Global content strategy
Hands-on workshops, real-world case studies, and research projects